- Field-trips (e.g. Presentation House, Maplewood Farm, Lonsdale Quay, etc)
- Music with a certified Music Therapist
- *Movement including yoga and dance with a certified preschool yoga/ dance teacher
- *Gardening with an experienced gardener in our secured outdoor play-scape
We believe it is important for the children to be on time, as the children may miss out on our daily meeting discussions if they are late.At the end of the class, parents are invited to wait outside the classroom in the hallway as the teachers release one child at the time. If you need to pick up your child earlier, please speak to your child in advance and inform the teacher before class.
*Details are in the process of being finalized.
As children arrive to preschool we start our day with a Group meeting: we discuss the materials and the activities set up for the day. Teachers offer provocations. Children have the opportunity to share thoughts and ideas. Exploration and play time
- Children engage in activities and move independently around the classroom:
- Art mediums (paint, glue, clay, play dough)
- Sensory exploration (sand, water, goop, flubber)
- Science (balance, weight, gravity, magnetism)
- Building (blocks, cardboard, papier mache)
- Light table (color, design, light, dark, shadows, reflection)
- Dramatic play (dress-up, storytelling, puppetry, imagining)
- Mathematics (counting, sorting, classifying, patterning)
- Literacy (books, music, movement, languages, writing skills)
- Yoga, Music and much more!!!!
- Open snack Children are invited to have snack at the open snack table. Hand washing will be done gradually (in the kitchen) as children are ready to eat. The last call for snack will be set for 45 minutes before the class ends.
- Circle time Children are invited to sit together for a second group time, a time for songs, stories and discussions about the day.
- Gross motor activities in the gym or free play time out in the garden are set throughout the day weather depending.